baslinux - Re: [BL] how to change screen fonts

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] how to change screen fonts
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:48:21 -0400 (EDT)

You need keybd.tgz, and setfont, and the appropriate font. You can change
the font after booting, manually, or put a line in one of the files that
is read at bootup if you know which font you want. I will look up which
one if you cannot figure it out. I set my font to Vietnamese so that it
would load the Unicode map (only extended ASCII is affected), and
therefore the Cyrillic fonts will be mapped correctly when I load them.
There is probably a better way to map to Unicode.

Most of the plain ASCII fonts included with keybd are nearly illegible and
are suitable only for artistic uses. I find them worse than ugly since I
cannot read them. Better bored than puzzled. There are some nice sans
serif fonts.