baslinux - [BL] Drinou-naim, BL IRC channel

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Drinou-naim, BL IRC channel
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 09:58:58 -0500 (CDT)

I recently noted that JP has a Slack package of the chat client -
naim - I've been pushing for BL2 users among his Drinou Linux packages. I
just wanted to bring peoples' attention to the fact that there is now a
Slack package for naim, courtesy of JP (it used to come only as
source). It's a 330kb download. The client does both AIM/TOC protocol
as well as IRC, and is useable with no dependency issues on a bare BL2
install - with or without X. I also would like to ask if JP could
include this package among his /download/basiclinux packages?

Also, I've tried over the last day or 2 to connect to the IRC channel JP
had set up for BL, but have been unable to connect. Is the IRC server
still running, JP? Do you have a new address? Please advise on whether
you will continue to provide an IRC channel for BL users.

Thanks, James