baslinux - [BL] installpkg

  • From: David Moberg <davidjohnmoberg AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] installpkg
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:35:58 -0700 (PDT)

Josh Finn wrote:

> My copy of basiclinux doesn't seem to allow me to
> run installpkg or pkgtool. It replies: "command not
> found."

Are you using the hard disk version of BL? The floppy
and ramdisk versions don't come with installpkg or
pkgtool (you wouldn't want to install packages to a
floppy or RAM anyway!). To install packages, you need
the hard disk version of BL. Look at the site for
HD installation instructions.

If the HD version is installed, check and make sure
your installation isn't corrupted.

David