baslinux - [BL] Opera 6.03 and HTTP authentication

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Opera 6.03 and HTTP authentication
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:08:47 -0400 (EDT)

After Links 2.1.9 flunked my online banking site (I was told to turn on
javascript or get a newer browser - Links only does SOME javascript), I
tried Opera 6.03 and it works there. Not a single crash yet.
It ran slowly enough that the bank made me keep logging in again because
I had waited too long to respond.

I was able to use X and Opera without a mouse plugged in.

Links 2.1.9 does some javascript and no authentication. It did not work
at the banking site (got only partway through) or at my bbs.

Lynx does authentication and no javascript. It works at the bbs.

Opera does both, slowly. Useful for when the others do not work.

Do Skipstone and Dillo etc. do javascript and HTTP authentication and ssl?
Sindi Keesan