baslinux - [BL] Re: insmod driver busy

  • From: ichi AT aggies.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: insmod driver busy
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:34:37 +0000

sailordwarf AT hotmail.com wrote:

> When issuing insmod via-rhine.o, it returned with;
> insmod: init_module: via-rhine.o: Device or resource is busy

Two possibilities come to mind:

(1) The hardware to which you are trying to attach the
module is not available (perhaps it is under the control
of another driver).

(2) The kernel does not have the capability to handle
that module. The BL2 kernel is very slim, it is missing
some features. I suggest you replace the BL2 zimage
with the bare.i bzimage from Slackware 7.1. Bare.i
is a general-purpose IDE kernel that does most things.