b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The Meaning of W:(AL K:NAP in Daniel 9:27c

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Leonard Jayawardena <leonardj AT live.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The Meaning of W:(AL K:NAP in Daniel 9:27c
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 00:00:55 -0700

Leonard:

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Leonard Jayawardena <leonardj AT live.com> wrote:
Karl W. Randolph wrote:

Is כנף one word, or is it a prefixed כ on a participle of נוף which has the meaning of “to present, as in setting before, brandishing, waving”?

Unquote

So with your reconstruction, how would you translate W:(AL K:NAP $IQ.WCIYM  M:$OM"M ?

Leonard Jayawardena

I had to go back and look up the Hebrew to see what is your transliteration, why didn’t you just write the Hebrew characters?

A possible translation is, “and upon as the presentation (brandishing) the detestable things from the one who is destroying and until the completion that what is determined is poured out upon destruction.” Bad English. Difficult passage to understand.

Any reason why my reading is wrong? I’d like to hear it.

Is there an idiom that I might have missed?