b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Tenses in Isaiah 44:24

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ken Penner <kpenner AT stfx.ca>
  • To: Robert Campanaro <faithreason7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Tenses in Isaiah 44:24
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 19:21:01 -0300

Karl is right that these two are Hebrew participles. Hebrew participles, unlike Greek, are not inflected for aspect (or tense for that matter).

I should caution you, though, that Karl’s views on Hebrew tenses are unconventional.

Ken M. Penner, Ph.D.

Associate Professor, Religious Studies

2329 Notre Dame Avenue, 409 Nicholson Tower

St. Francis Xavier University

Antigonish, NS  B2G 2W5

Canada

(902)867-2265