b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] ואילילה Micah 1:8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Mike Burke <michaelgburk AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] ואילילה Micah 1:8
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 00:40:56 +0800

Dear Chris:

You’re right, grammarians overcomplicate matters.

But Biblical Hebrew, being so different from our Euro-centered linguistic roots, doesn’t help matters.

There is no past, present nor future (tense) nor completed and incompleted (aspect) indicated by Biblical Hebrew conjugations. Mood is sometimes referenced, sometimes not, by the conjugations.

I’ve gone into it in greater detail in the past. I also have a study on it written out.

Karl W. Randolph.