b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Best Intro Hebrew Materials

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Best Intro Hebrew Materials
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:01:49 -0600

Hi Barry,

Well, the one I would suggest is the one by Weingreen . . . Barry, Barry, stop hitting me, put down that shotgun!

Actually, for all its faults, I still prefer Weingreen on account of the order of presentation.

However, there is a new text just out by John Cook and Robert Holmstedt, Beginning Biblical Hebrew: A Grammar and Illustrated Reader, which has gotten some rave reviews from some top-notch scholars.  So you might want to look at it.  You can get a little bit of a preview of it at Amazon.  You can also download a draft copy at

http://individual.utoronto.ca/holmstedt/textbook/BHSG2010.pdf

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary
Edmonton, Alberta

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Barry <nebarry AT verizon.net> wrote:

Sorry, forgot to change the subject line...

--
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Semper melius Latine sonat

All opinions in this email are my own, and
reflect no institution with which I may be
associated