b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Best Intro Hebrew Materials

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Barry <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Best Intro Hebrew Materials
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 12:10:39 -0400

Sorry, forgot to change the subject line...

On 7/23/2013 12:08 PM, Barry wrote:
Bible Translation Magazine has started a certificate program. Here is
the email I've been sending out:

Bible Translation magazine now offers a certificate curriculum in
"Basics of Biblical Studies." Rates are quite reasonable and the work
profitable. If you take Greek, you have me as your instructor... :)

http://www.biblicaltrainingacademy.com/default.html

For now, I also get to teach introductory Hebrew. Augh! Run away, run
away, fetchez une vache... Ooh, sorry, panic attack.

Seriously, for Greek, we'll be using Ted Hildebrandt's free online
materials, supplemented by stuff I'll supply. What would folks recommend
for beginning Hebrew? Is there an online resource similar to
Hildebrandt's that might be good? What is the best intro text available?
And don't anybody say Weingreen... (Hey! I told you not to say that, so
don't even try!)

--
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Semper melius Latine sonat

All opinions in this email are my own, and
reflect no institution with which I may be
associated