b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] New Inscription from Jerusalem

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] New Inscription from Jerusalem
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 07:15:49 -0700

I’d like to see more info on this, as well as to see if more of the inscription is found as the dig continues.

My take from the photographs supplied is that this inscription was written left to right. If so, it appears that the first three letters are MWR ? M and the last letter of which we have merely the top squiggle definitely is not a lamed.

These are just what I can see from the photos supplied.