b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] God's name

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] God's name
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 18:54:48 +0200

Dear Doug,

The problem is that none of the oldest NT manuscripts, from the second,
third, fourth, and fifth centuries contain the same word as the one that was
written in the NT autographs where the name of God occurs. These manuscripts
have KS, which is a later substitute for God's name. No one knows with
certainty how God's name was written in the NT autographs, and therefore we
must sift the evidence and find how God's name most likely written.
Therefore, your question should be reformulated: "What is the evidence in
favor of YHWH in the NT autographs, and what is the evidence in favor of
KURIOS?

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
Stavern