b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Would you give a command?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Would you give a command?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 10:43:13 +0200

Dear Bryant,

You are right. We should not bring Indo-European Grammar into Hebrew
Grammar. For example, I have argued extensively that aspects in English are
different from aspects in Hebrew. Regarding "let," I have used the same
argument as you do in a discussion with a scholar who said I was wrong when I
translated Nebuchadressar as "Let Nebo protect the heir" and not as "Nebu
protect the heir."

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
Stavern
Norway

Torsdag 13. Juni 2013 10:01 CEST skrev "Rev. Bryant J. Williams III"