b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Graded Hebrew Reading Schedule

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: C L <sigebryht AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Graded Hebrew Reading Schedule
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 01:29:34 -0700

Dear Chris:

While I don’t know of any published list, there are some broad generalities I can mention:

The narrative books tend to be easier, those include Genesis, Numbers, Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Ruth, Esther, Chronicles. Tne most difficult includes Isaiah, Jeremiah, Psalms, Job, and the rest seem to fall between these.

Personally, I’d recommend just starting at the beginning, in Genesis, and reading through to the end.

Karl W. Randolph.