b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] to rolf

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] to rolf
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 20:43:38 +0000

Thanks Rolf. One adjustment I would make to your understanding of my position is that it's not about which language influenced which other language within the Semitic family. Rather, it's about genetic similarities that inhere within the languages themselves—what gives them a family resemblance, so to speak. Cross-pollination is a different issue.

Cheers!

GEORGE ATHAS
Dean of Research,
Sydney, Australia