b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is the b-hebrew list slipping?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <davidlwashburn AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is the b-hebrew list slipping?
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 09:27:21 -0700

Isaac,
Several people, myself included, have answered your question: yes, we can read Akkadian and Ugaritic. I still have no idea what your point is. You seem to think that if even one person can't actually read them, they don't exist. At least that's what's coming through in these questions of yours. So let's try it very simply: yes, I read Ugaritic. What does that tell you?