b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] past tense or present tense?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: John Leake <jesleake AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] past tense or present tense?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 03:49:58 +0100

Presumably when you're talking about 'tense'/'aspect' in Hebrew and its great difference from cognate languages, Karl, you're not including Phoenician and Ugaritic? I would take a lot to persuade me that Hebrew functions radically differently from these languages. And with the exception of waw-consecutive, I don't see that much difference from the basic Arabic system.

John Leake