b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Passover was, or Passover is in 2013

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Oun Kwon <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Passover was, or Passover is in 2013
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 01:19:13 -0500

I thought we had the Passover last month (March 24 - Nisan 14)

I got a shalom from someone who says he is keeping Passover today. (Apr 24 - 25)

(Ref. www.yhrim.com/5995_GMT.pdf or www.yhrim.com/5995_EST.pdf )

It must be something to do with how a Hebrew calendar ddetermines the 1st day of the lunar month and when the new year begins with Nisan 1 (not Tishri) in a Hebrew calendar.

Please forgive and ignore if this is out of bound of the list and kindly give me some help to solve off list. I don't see any other place who may have answers related to Hebrew and O.T.

Oun Kwon