b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] How do I search for cognate accusatives in morphologically tagged text?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: C L <sigebryht AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] How do I search for cognate accusatives in morphologically tagged text?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:02:24 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Colleagues,

I am attempting to determine whether the cognate accustive constructions I have found in Zechariah 1:1, 1:14-15, and 8:2-3 are the only uses of a cognate accustives in the book.

I would also like to compare the uses of cognate accusative constructions in Zechariah with cognate accustive constructions in the rest of the Hebrew Bible.

How do I configure a search that identifies all cognate accusatives in a morphologically tagged Hebrew text?

For the purposes of clarity, by "cognate accusative" I mean that a given root AAA occurs as both a verb and its object in a sentence. It would probably be sufficient to search on verbs and nouns, without having to specify parsing, But I don't know how to find [AAA-Verb] + [AAA-Noun], where AAA can be any root.

Suggestions? I am using BibleWorks 7 and Logos 4.

Sincerely,

Christopher Lovelace

  • [b-hebrew] How do I search for cognate accusatives in morphologically tagged text?, C L, 04/18/2013