b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Abisha Scroll

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Joseph Roberts <josephroberts3 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Abisha Scroll
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 02:01:26 -0700

Joseph:

When I read Tanakh, I read it in a font derived from the Gezar Calendar. It took only days to get used to it, and familiarity with that script allows me to read other texts like the Mesha stele, the Siloam inscription, and with slight adjustment, even the Samaritan Pentateuch.

If I can do it, I expect you to be able to do it as well.

Karl W. Randolph.

Ps. Modern Hebrew is written using the Aramaic square characters.