b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Reason in languages

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Reason in languages
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:24:12 -0800

If a person apparently can’t tell the linguistic differences between the Hebrew used in Genesis and the Hebrew used in a modern Israeli newspaper, how trustworthily can we take his pronouncements concerning linguistics?

Karl W. Randolph.

Ps: since “I fully agree with you that "Reason works in math, not linguistics."” then why do you appeal to reason?

Pps: I see no use to continuing this discussion.