b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] L) YD( )TW (gen 43)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org, "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] L) YD( )TW (gen 43)
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 07:21:05 -0800

Isaac:

What this refers to is that Potiphar left the running of his estate so much in the hands of Joseph that he didn’t know what was in his own estate. All he knew was that his personal needs were taken care of. The rest was in Joseph’s hands.

I think the context makes that fairly clear.

Karl W. Randolph.