b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] sullam

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] sullam
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 18:55:54 -0500

But for this we need no "Ugaritic", no "Akkadian", and no "Hurrian", only Hebrew.

I see in A. Salmone's Arabic - English dictionary, on page 369 for the root سلم SLM, 'steps, ladder, stairs, sound, whole, entire, intact, healthy, peace, wholesomeness', and more. As in Hebrew.

Isaac Fried, Boston University