b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] (no subject)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: eric hirsch <eric.hirsch.jr AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] (no subject)
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 02:52:47 -0800

Hello b-Hebrew.

My name is Eric Hirsch. My main interests are the methodology and methods of a brand of "Literary Criticism" adapted to the Hebrew Bible where textual meanings are determined by authorial intention. Within the larger context of the "historical-critical method," I am interested in Hebrew Bible textual criticism, linguistic analysis, composition (source) criticism, rhetorical criticism, redaction criticism and tradition history. I also have an interest in ancient Israelite religion and in historical Jesus research. I hold a doctorate from Vanderbilt University in Hebrew Language and Literature.

I look forward to learning from the list membership.

Best Regards,

EH