b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22,30 (or 31)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: "Peter Streitenberger" <ps2866 AT bingo-ev.de>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22,30 (or 31)
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 18:57:57 -0500

It appears to me possible that a yod fell off (or rather moved and merged into the next word)
and that it should be זרעי ZARIY, 'my seed'; with the essence of the sentence being that the
praise and worship of ADONAY will never cease.

Otherwise the word ISRAEL, the AM NOLAD of the next verse, is missing after ZERA.

Isaac Fried, Boston University