b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] יהוה vs הבעל

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org list" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] יהוה vs הבעל
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 11:08:29 +0000

Isaac Fried wrote:

"A counter example would be very helpful. I am really eager to see a
decisive refutation to my claim."

How about the bit that starts at Genesis 1 and finishes at 2 Chronicles 36? :P

Come on, Isaac! You and I both know that no matter what counter examples
someone might give, it won't convince you. Your theory that Hebrew semantics
works off singular consonants rather than verbal roots has no room for any
counter examples because any counter example is going to work with verbal
roots. There's no meeting of minds on this.

GEORGE ATHAS
Dean of Research,
Sydney, Australia