b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Syntactic role of "you" in Hag 1,4

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ps2866 AT bingo-ev.de
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Syntactic role of "you" in Hag 1,4
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:51:18 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Luyt,

thank you ! I came to the conclusion that ATEM (you) may be affirmative as
the Septuagint translates the particle MEN after "you" in Hag 1,4,
indicating an emphasis. Then I found a further example in 1Sam 25,24 where
it states: "Ki-aNI aDoNi HeAWon" - "on me, yes me, my Lord, is the guilt".
I thought initially the way you suggested, but can't rule out the idea of
stressing the suffixed pronoun by using another pronoun.
Any further help is appreciated !
Yours
Peter M. Streitenberger, Germany