b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] A new book by Dr. Aaron Demsky, Literacy in Ancient Israel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Joseph I. Lauer" <josephlauer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "ANE-2" <ANE-2 AT yahoogroups.com>, "biblical-studies" <biblical-studies AT yahoogroups.com>, "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "biblicalist" <biblicalist AT yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] A new book by Dr. Aaron Demsky, Literacy in Ancient Israel
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:02:29 -0400

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Dr. Aaron Demsky of Bar-Ilan University has published a new book in
Hebrew.
The book's English title is Literacy in Ancient Israel and its Hebrew
title is Yediat Sefer b'Yisrael b'Et ha-Atikah.
I can forward to any interested person a copy of the English abstract
and Table of Contents as well as the Hebrew Table of Contents.
Following is the English publication announcement from Mossad Bialik.
For ordering information, see
http://www.bialik-publishing.co.il/product_info.php?products_id=1564 or
http://www.bialik-publishing.co.il/product_info.php?products_id=1564&osCsid=3v30oq45mj0homrlbkm3aqs3o3
as well as the e-mail address in the notice below.
Joseph I. Lauer
Brooklyn, New York

*********************************
LITERACY IN ANCIENT ISRAEL
Aaron Demsky
$36.05
$22.96 (online)
Catalogue No.: 1110405
[In Hebrew]

MOSSAD Bialik announces the publication of the book by Aaron Demsky,
Literacy in Ancient Israel (in Hebrew).

The book presents a multi discipline approach to one of the most
central historic issues of biblical times, namely the impact of
alphabetic writing and how it influenced the culture of ancient
Israel. The author draws upon a large variety of sources culled from
the Bible, epigraphic finds and comparative Ancient Near Eastern
literature.

The book can be purchased directly from Mossad Bialik
email: sales AT bialik-publishing.co.il

  • [b-hebrew] A new book by Dr. Aaron Demsky, Literacy in Ancient Israel, Joseph I. Lauer, 04/19/2012