b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] paleo hebrew written from left to right

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Sevillano Hispalis <sevillanomail AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] paleo hebrew written from left to right
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 20:14:37 -0800 (PST)

Shalom le colam,
I was reading an article about Eliashib by Rainy and curious I went to see

if there is any picture of the eliashib seals found. I noticed that the one I
found
in google images is written in paleo hebrew from left to right, but Rainy's
arcticle
doesnt mention this so I may be wrong.
Checking more ancient seals I found that Hoshea seal is written from left to

right as well.
Do they have to be read from left to right as well, and are there more
examples of
hebrew written from left to right?
This is the article by the way.

http://cojs.org/cojswiki/The_Saga_of_Eliashib,_Anson_F._Rainey,_BAR_13:02,_Mar/Apr_1987.