b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Similar to......

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "R. Lehmann" <lehmann AT uni-mainz.de>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Similar to......
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 19:43:09 +0200

So, Reinhard, you feel that no answer can be truly given to my original
question, namely (a little changed now):

*Which is/are the pair/s of today current languages whose relation to each
other would be similar -at least at, say, an extent of 80 %-- to the
relation between biblical Hebrew and biblical Aramaic?*

Would you deny that French/Italian is a suitable pair? Or, as Yigal
suggested, French and Catalan?

Kind regards from

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Northeastern Spain)