b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Others?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>, Biblical Hebrew list <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Others?
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 07:22:21 +0200

Is noun Li$kah, room, chamber (Neh 13:5) not related to the noun existing in
today Hebrew (not in the Bible) LE$EK, box?

It would be an analogous contruction to:

Qiryah, city (Is 1:21) (*), which is built up on Qyr, wall (Ez 4:3)...

(*) an (arranged) amount of walls (ramparts, houses...)

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)