b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Discourse Approaches and the Biblical Hebrew Verb System in Poetry

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Discourse Approaches and the Biblical Hebrew Verb System in Poetry
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 21:03:55 -0700

That's what I got, too. I think the problem may be a typo, because I found
at least the first
part of the paper here:
http://balshanut.wordpress.com/2009/06/09/a-discourse-approach-to-the-bh-verbal-system-
in-poetry-part-1/

Note "wordpress" in the URL where the one below has "wrodpress." Amazing
what one little
transposition can cause on the World Wide Web...

I tried switching the letters to see if I could get to Bryant's link, but my
Net is acting up
tonight, so I can't report on that.

On 14 May 2011 at 5:41, Pere Porta wrote:

> Are you sure, Bryant, of this link?
> At clicking on it... a page displays -at least on my screen- on
> "sexual
> compatibility"....
>
> Pere Porta
> (Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)
>
> 2011/5/13 Bryant J. Williams III <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
>
> > Dear List,
> >
> > http://balshanut.files.wrodpress.com/2010/01/dabhvs.pdf.
> > The above URL is for the "Discourse Approaches and the Biblical
> Hebrew Verb
> > System in Poetry."
> > The author is Peter Bekins.
> >
> > The list has had discussions on Verbal Aspect and Discourse
> Approaches
> > regarding
> > narrative and also on qtl, yiqtol, etc. This is the first article
> that I
> > have
> > seen that actually deals with the poetry.
> >
> > I have not read it all the way through yet. In the meantime, "What
> say you
> > all?"

Dave Washburn

http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur