b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Replt to George Alhas

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Replt to George Alhas
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 01:37:59 +0000

Sidney,

There is nothing here on which anyone can meaningfully engage with you. Not
only have you misunderstood me and others, but your comments about Hebrew
reveal what appears to be either cavernous ignorance of the language (I quote
you: "what in the world is a single verb?") or extreme hubris (again I
quote: "Bible translator and expositor… Historian extraordinaire"), or both.
Whatever the case may be, your comments come mixed with a hefty dash of
unbecoming and libellous remarks. You may accuse me of being shameful and
shameless, sir, but I daresay you need to be more circumspect. Putting all
these factors together, I do not believe you will find anyone willing or able
to interact with you here at B-Hebrew. We are either beneath your genius, or
else… [I will let others supply what needs to be supplied here].

And for one who is so fixated on names, you still are yet to get mine right.

Please leave us to our own devices.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au