b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] hiriq, tzereh, dagesh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] hiriq, tzereh, dagesh
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

Regrettably, by choice, you dismiss basic facts of
Semitics. I refer to what you've written below, and
also about assimilation of consonants and the resultant
doubling - dagesh - in some cases. As well as to othe
r matters.

Only when basic facts are acknlowledged, can theories,
opinions or speculations be discussed.

I wish you, and all list members, happy holidays.

Uri Hurwitz Great Neck, NY

< There is not
a shred of evidence to the "exact opposite" claim that the dagesh
marks an obsolete (and apparently bizarre) vocal doubling of a
consonant.

Isaac Fried, Boston University >