b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hireq & sere

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hireq & sere
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:23:42 +0200

Dear listers,

I need to know whether in normative Hebrew one finds the pattern consisting
of three root consonants, the first having vowel hireq and the second having
vowel sere (and the third one having... nothing).

I exclude from my issue the basic Piel form of verbs like NI)"C, to spurn
(2Sa 12:14), namely those having a guttural for their second root consonant.

Does this pattern exist in the real Hebrew language, be it biblical or
modern?

Kind regards

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)