b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ecles 10:2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Doug Belot" <dbelot AT bigpond.net.au>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ecles 10:2
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 15:13:48 +1000

Eccles 10:2 (NIV) The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart
of the fool to the left .

Hi , could anyone give me a guide on this verse , the KJ had "A wise mans
heart is at his right hand, but a fools is at his left".

Can you first give me the correct words here, is the term "hand" in the
original Hebrew , and what do you think this means , is it polictical.

doug belot