b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qoheleth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qoheleth
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:42:36 -0400

Am I wrong that $E- = ZEH:? I will be delighted to see a counter- example.

Isaac Fried, Boston University

On Mar 21, 2011, at 9:22 PM, George Athas wrote:

Isaac, with respect, that explanation ignores so many different factors and portrays Hebrew as a machine-like language that is completely different to all other human languages and resistant to any influence from outside. Sorry, but it's just far too blinkered. If Hebrew were spoken by robots on their own planet, you might have a point. But alas, Hebrew was used by real human beings.

I suggest you read some of Holmstedt's work.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au