b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] New B-Hebrew webpage

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <Kirk AT GrovesCenter.org>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] New B-Hebrew webpage
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 10:34:01 -0500

On 03/04/11 10:28, Pere Porta wrote:

> As I told some weeks ago... I miss a transliteration sign for the
> "mappiq" (the dot inside letter heh)

Pere,

Under the Michigan encoding dictum "Code what is WRITTEN, not what is
MEANT", the mappiq is graphically indistinguishable from the dagesh. So
the mappiq is the period: ".". So you would represent it with the he,
for example, -EH.

Blessings,

Kirk
--
Kirk E. Lowery, PhD, President & Senior Research Fellow
The J. Alan Groves Center for Advanced Biblical Research