b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Practice in Biblical Hebrew Composition & Communication

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dewayne Dulaney <dewayne.dulaney AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Practice in Biblical Hebrew Composition & Communication
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:51:33 -0600

!שלום
Shalom!

I would like to practice communicating in Biblical Hebrew (on a very
simple level at first) with any interested list member. I am already
doing this some in Koine Greek on the online forums ΣΧΟΛΗ and Textkit,
and in Latin on Schola and Textkit. I would enjoy attempting this in
BH, as well. If any list member knows of an existing online forum
similar to the above that supports BH compositions, please send me a
link offlist. (Initial searches have not found any.) I don't know if
Twitter supports this, but if so, I do have a Twitter account (tho I'm
not real active).

I would love to do it by email, but I'm doubtful it would work. The
B-Hebrew list messages that contain Hebrew script never display
correctly when I read them; they just show as question marks, so I
always have to open a new tab and view the message in the archives to
see the Hebrew script.

If anyone is interested in trying this with me —especially anyone who
is already good at it and who is willing to be patient with my
mistakes—I would love to hear from you!

YEVAREKEKA YHWH VEYISHEMEREKA יברכך יהוה וישמרך׃

Dewayne Dulaney דוין דולני

  • [b-hebrew] Practice in Biblical Hebrew Composition & Communication, Dewayne Dulaney, 02/28/2011