b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] creating Hebrew files in PDF

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Efraim Feinstein <efraim.feinstein AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] creating Hebrew files in PDF
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 21:45:19 -0500

Hi,

On 02/08/2011 08:54 PM, Sarah J. Blake wrote:
I normally do my content authoring in MS Word 2007. I tried having someone
convert a file to PDF, and the Hebrew ended up in reverse. Is there a way to
resolve this, especially in a file that includes both English and Hebrew?

I'm assuming you're using Unicode Hebrew and not some old-style Hebrew font that makes you type in reverse?

Try opening the file in OpenOffice.org (a free software word processor) and using its native export to PDF function. Its handling of Hebrew and mixed-directional text is much better than Word 2007's.

--
---
Efraim Feinstein