b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qal 2 f pl ??

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Donald R. Vance, Ph.D." <donaldrvance AT mac.com>
  • To: David K Delaney <dkd7s AT verizon.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qal 2 f pl ??
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 17:11:48 -0600

Gen 31:36 YeDa<TeN יְדַעְתֶּן. Remember that first yod roots are regular in the suffix conjugation. Accordance only lists seven G sc 2 f pl (traditionally, Qal perfect 2 fem plurals) in the Bible. Who knew? There is also Exodus 2:20 <aZaBTeN עֲזַבְתֶּן which deviated from the strong verb pattern only by having a compound shewa under the ayin.

Donald R. Vance, Ph.D.
Professor of Biblical Languages and Literature
Oral Roberts University
dvance AT oru.edu
donaldrvance AT mac.com