b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Qal 2 f pl ??

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David K Delaney" <dkd7s AT verizon.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Qal 2 f pl ??
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 08:25:31 -0500

One of my students asked me for an actual Hebrew Bible example of the Qal
perfect feminine plural (XXaX-ten) occuring with a strong verb, that is, an
instance where the vowel pattern that we learn and teach in the standard
paradigm chart actually occurs. I can't believe this is the first time I've
ever had this question or gone to look for such an example, but I'll be
darned if I cannot find one! (There are a number of easily located weak verb
examples).

I must be missing something. Can anyone provide an example?

Thank you!

-Dave Delaney

The Rev. David K. Delaney, Ph. D.
Virginia Synod ELCA / Religion and Philoosphy, Roanoke College
Salem VA 24153
540-389-1000
dkd7s AT verizon.net / delaney AT vasynod.org / delaney AT roanoke.edu