b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Are English Bibles in which "Y-a-H-W-e-H occurs 6823 times being truthful?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David P Donnelly <davedonnelly1 AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Are English Bibles in which "Y-a-H-W-e-H occurs 6823 times being truthful?
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:46:03 -0500

The title of this new topic is:
Are English Bibles in which "Y-a-H-W-e-H occurs 6823 times being
truthful?

I realize that this is probably a very touchy subject.
___________

I assume that each and every Hebrew Scholar who posts on b-hebrew
is aware that in each of the following 4 English Bibles:

E.G.

1. The Jerusalem Bible
2. The New Jerusalem Bible
3. The Emphasized Bible
4. The NIVIHEOT

The English Spelling Yahweh occurs approximately [if not precisely] 6823
times.

Just what is going on in English Christianity that these four Bibles
exist,
and very little controversy surrounds them?

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?

Again, I realize that this is probably a very touchy subject.

IS THIS SUBJECT TOO HOT TO DISCUSS OPENLY?

Dave Donnelly
Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4d43638380e62455fdst03duc