b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Update to my dictionary

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Arnaud Fournet" <fournet.arnaud AT wanadoo.fr>
  • To: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Update to my dictionary
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 07:37:56 +0100

From: K Randolph

Dear recipients of my dictionary:

This is the latest update to my dictionary. Thanks to discussions on B-Hebrew as well as continued use by myself, I have updated the entries of several terms since the last time I sent a copy to you all. Most of those updates concern adding Bible verses where terms are to be found in use, though there are some where I have expanded the definitions in an effort to make them easier to understand by you, my readers. Plus, I found a word which I inexplicably neglected to include in previous editions, namely אלה meaning “these”.

I do not expect this to be my final update, after all, I am fallible with limited knowledge, as well there is continuing research that can turn up new data.

Yours, Karl W. Randolph.

***

Many Thanks.

There's no possibility that there ever will be a final update, Karl.
That kind of lexicographic enterprise takes eternity to be carried out.
You'll always find some mistake or some new thing to add.

What is the pronunciation of היכל large meeting room ?

Best.

Arnaud Fournet

  • Re: [b-hebrew] Update to my dictionary, Arnaud Fournet, 01/09/2011