b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] is hebrew unique?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] is hebrew unique?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 23:31:08 -0300

> The original question asked whether anyone claimed the uniqueness of the
biblical hebrew language ("BH"). Neither you or anyone else objected to the
question as inappropriate to this forum. I don't see how
reasonable objection can be made to my responsive answers, under that
circumstance.

fred,

two variations on the same theme:

VAR 1. there is not any objective definition here for "uniqueness", which
would not be geared up specifically for giving the desired answer. which
may be motivated by ... religion.

even if there were, there is no way we can know how many believe that
hebrew is unique, under this or that definition.

and even if we knew, no relevant conclusion could be drawn,
for example, not even whether ... hebrew is indeed unique or not.

VAR 2. yes, hebrew IS unique. every language is unique in some way.

both variaions indicate that your original question cannot have any
meaningful answer.

nir cohen

  • [b-hebrew] is hebrew unique?, Nir cohen - Prof. Mat., 01/05/2011