b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] NT Use of the Tanakh

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] NT Use of the Tanakh
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 22:10:43 +0200

Dear all,

After we closed the NT thread, list member Rev. Bryant J. Williams III asked
if he could post the following, for information purposes only, without
reopening the discussion. In order to ensure that this does not become a new
NT-Greek thread, we decided to post it for him. So thanks Bryant.

Because of the recent threads on the NT Use of the Tanakh along with the LXX
there was no current articles or bibliographical data given. I found the
following on iTanakh (maintained by Chris Heard of Higgaion):
http://www.itanakh.org/new1011.htm

Scroll down to "Texts>Septuagint"

New Testament Use
When God Spoke Greek: The Place of the Greek Bible in Evangelical Scholarship
-
by Karen J. Jobes, Bulletin for Biblical Research 16 (2006) 219–236
http://www.ibr-bbr.org/IBRBulletin/BBR_2006/02-Jobes-BBR_16.2.pdf

Text-Critical Value
The Septuagint and the Text of the Old Testament - by Peter J. Gentry,
Bulletin
for Biblical Research 16 (2006) 193–218
http://www.ibr-bbr.org/IBRBulletin/BBR_2006/01-Gentry-BBR_16.2.pdf

Yigal Levin,

Co-moderator, B-Hebrew

  • [b-hebrew] NT Use of the Tanakh, Yigal Levin, 01/04/2011