b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Why a whole thread?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Why a whole thread?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:43:22 -0800

> What a lucky man!
> Stylistically, would not Qor)im Ly be better?

shalom Uri,

Thank you, stylistic comments are always appreciated.
Yes, qor'im li is how I would normally talk and she would talk, and is
certainly good BH in many contexts.

I choose "oti" as a kind of tiqqun yeter to avoid accusations of
post-biblical or modern Hebrew. I remembered such occurring in the MT,
and checking now I find Genesis 27.1 and 41.8 and stop there:
‏ ויקרא את־עשו ... ויאמר אליו֙
. . .
‏ויקרא את כל חרטמי מצרים

braxot