b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 96, Issue 18

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 96, Issue 18
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 19:25:56 -0300

paul,

my arabic is as XALUD as yours, and you caught me without the dictionary.
but tradukka gives

جعل الخالدة == make eternal

(i would not vouch for the grammatical combination here) where X in XALADA
is XA with the dot. i believe XA and dotted-XHA jointly correspond to hebrew
X=XET, so that the fit is as good as could be expected. (also,
HINZIAX=XALAD in my previous message should really be HINZIAX=HALADA).

my use of KH vs X is not phonetical, and i wish somebody out there would point
me to the conventions you are using for hebrew and arabic.

nir

  • Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 96, Issue 18, Nir cohen - Prof. Mat., 12/16/2010