b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] textbook usage question

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Sarah J. Blake" <sarah AT growingstrong.org>
  • To: <b-greek AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] textbook usage question
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 16:49:31 -0500

Hello.

I have saved numerous posts on the question of best grammars, lexicons, etc,
on both B-Greek and B-Hebrew, and found them helpful. I would like to visit
this question from a slightly different angle and hope that you all will
indulge me.

I am working with a nonprofit organization that provides texts in alternate
format for people who are blind, specializing in biblical studies material.
We are attempting to prioritize future transcription projects based on the
likelihood that a book may be in need. Knowing that it is impossible to know
where a blind student will enroll, my questions are as follows:

For those who are teaching currently, what texts are you using in your
classroom? What reference materials do you expect or recommend your students
to consult outside class? (Please exclude Greek/Hebrew Bibles from this list,
as these are default expectations.) If your student could not access the
particular grammar for your course, is there a "next best" grammar that you
would be able to work with to enable the student to complete your course?

P.S. If you are the author of an original language grammar and would like to
work with us to get your grammar into accessible format, please contact me
offlist. We could use your help, especially if your language is Hebrew.

Sarah J. Blake
Personal correspondence: sjblake AT growingstrong.org
http://www.growingstrong.org

Shop for items you need and support Sarah's site: http://amzn.to/bZHlZg

  • [b-hebrew] textbook usage question, Sarah J. Blake, 12/11/2010