b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 23:3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'kenneth greifer'" <greifer AT hotmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 23:3
  • Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 22:12:36 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: kenneth greifer Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 2:31 PM
> To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 23:3
>

> Steve,
>
> Thank you for answering me.

[Steve Miller] You're very welcome. Thanks for the good question on what I
am interested in.

> I could only find Jeremiah 14:17 that says "...and you will say to them
this word
> (this thing)" and Jeremiah 23:38 "...because you said this word (this
thing)".

> I don't think it would mean a righteous man rules over the fear of G-d,
but he is the
> ruler of the fear of G-d. It's just a wild guess. I don't think every
phrase in the
> Hebrew Bible has to appear twice to be possible.

[Steve Miller] What do you see as the difference in meaning between "rules
over the fear of G-d" and "is ruler of the fear of God"? I don't see much
difference.

Anything that is a doctrine in the Bible is repeated 2 or 3 times according
to the principle of 2 or 3 witnesses. "The Bible interprets the Bible" is a
maxim for both Jews and Christians. At least how I was understanding "ruler
of the fear of God", it would require other witnesses in the Bible. Every
phrase does not need another witness, but it helps if a similar structure
was used somewhere else.

> Kenneth Greifer
[Steve Miller]
Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus.
His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. -
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)